Monday, August 24, 2009

Sean Paul cancels free MLK show

As per a press release I just received from the Borough President's office, dancehall superstar Sean Paul -- currently touring relentlessly behind his new album, Imperial Blaze -- has canceled a free show at Wingate Park in Crown Heights tonight due to a throat illness. It is believed that the extended tour contributed to his medical condition. According to the performer, "I am really disappointed that I will not be able to appear. I've been working very hard these last few weeks, to deliver the album to my fans. I was looking forward to performing the new tracks in Brooklyn." Trinadian soca king Machel Montano will be taking his place on a bill that also includes his direct progenitor, calypso pioneer Mighty Sparrow. With the humidity finally relenting today, don't miss this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment